There are a few out of the box statuses that are available when a user chooses to update their Status. You are not relegated to only the out of the box statuses, however. Nor are you required to use any of those statuses.
In the Administration Panel of EIOBoard under the tab Status Management EIOBoard admins can add statuses, modify properties of existing statuses such as status color or status type and delete statuses.
Once you are on the Status Management tab click New to create a new status. When you click new the property fields will become active as shown circled in red below.
In the Administration Panel of EIOBoard under the tab Statuses in the General Section, EIOBoard admins can add statuses, modify properties of existing statuses such as status color or status type and delete statuses.
Once you are on the Status Management tab click Add Status to create a new status. The ‘Add New Status’ popup will then appear where you can specify the Name, Type, Color, other options of the status.
At this point you can choose
1. Status Name – how it will display on Kiosks, Client installations and Board displays.
2. An alias is just a shortened name used by background operations. You may make this whatever you like.
3. The Status Type – this determines whether the person is considered In, Out or Unavailable in reports when in that status
4. The Location of the status (note: you will need to have created at least one Location in the Manage Groups/Locations tab to use this feature)
5. The Status color – how it will display on Kiosks, Client installations and Board displays.
6. You can Require a user to enter a comment when they select this status
7. You can determine whether or not this status is considered paid time or not
8. Several options for Default Return time
9. Choose whether fields for the status are cleared on select
10. If you use EIOBoard resources you can set a status to check in all resources checked out to a user when they enter the status.
Once you have chosen the parameters you want for the status click the Add button and the status will be added. Users will be able to employ this status after logging out of and back into EIOBoard.
To Edit any Status click on it in the list to highlight it and then click Edit. To Delete a status do the same but click on the Delete button instead.