If your Labelwriter prints one or more blank labels before/after/in between correctly printed labels, or the labels do not align correctly (printing starts or stops in the middle of a label) then you first need to isolate the cause of the problem:
- Press the feed button on the front of your LabelWriter printer. If it advances more then one label, or it does not advance a full label, then it is most likely caused by a label issue. In this case confirm that the labels have been loaded correctly, and also that you are using genuine Dymo labels. The most common cause of this problem is using “compatible” labels. These are not recommended as A) they are known to cause jamming issues, and B) they can cause the labels to feed incorrectly. It could also be a faulty/dirty sensor in the printer.
- In this case, please check DYMO’s guides for cleaning and unjamming your printer
- If you press the feed button and only one label advances (as is expected), then it is most likely an incorrect setting in the DYMO Label Software (DLS) or within your third-party application. In the DYMO 550 and above, the driver is included with the Kiosk install, but if you have a DYMO 450 please see the guide below.
DYMO 450 – Driver Upgrade
A recent Windows Update causes the DYMO Label Writer 450 printers to print blank labels or badges. This guide explains how to resolve the issue for Kiosk versions that do not install the DYMO Software version 8.7.4. Ultimately, you will have two options: upgrade to a version of the Kiosk newer than the 10.3.8(you can get the latest version here) or follow the remaining steps to update the installed version of the kiosk.
This affects versions of the DYMO Software newer than v8.5 and the EIOBoard Kiosk PC older than version 10.3.9. It will require upgrading the DYMO Software to version 8.7.4. We will copy over the DLLs from the DYMO install path to use the correct libraries.
Steps to Update the Installed Version of the Kiosk
- Verify your version of the DYMO Software newer than v8.5 and the EIOBoard Kiosk PC older than version 10.3.9.
- Download the DYMO installer from here https://s3.amazonaws.com/download.dymo.com/dymo/Software/Win/DLS8Setup8.7.4.exe or upgrade DYMO from the DYMO Label v.8
- Once installed, open the C:\Program Files (x86)\DYMO\DYMO Label Software\Framework folder
- Copy these files into the EIOBoard Kiosk install path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Savance\EIOBoard Kiosk
- Reboot the system
- Open the Kiosk PC Setting
- Select the Visitor Management tab
- Select the Label Printing tab
- Verify the printer is listed and all the fields are properly associated
- Save your new settings is the last step
This should allow you to print badges on the next visitor sign-in.
© 2020 | Savance