A recent Windows Update causes the DYMO Label Writer 450 printers to print blank labels or badges. This guide explains how to resolve the issue for Kiosk versions that do not install the DYMO Software version 8.7.4. Ultimately, you will have two options: upgrade to a version of the Kiosk newer than the 10.3.8(you can get the latest version here) or follow the remaining steps to update the installed version of the kiosk.
This affects version of the DYMO Software newer than v8.5 and the EIOBoard Kiosk PC older than version 10.3.9. It will require upgrading the DYMO Software to version 8.7.4. We will copy over the DLLs from the DYMO install path to use the correct libraries.
Steps to Update the Installed Version of the Kiosk
- Verify your version of the DYMO Software newer than v8.5 and the EIOBoard Kiosk PC older than version 10.3.9.
- Download the DYMO installer from here https://s3.amazonaws.com/download.dymo.com/dymo/Software/Win/DLS8Setup8.7.4.exe or upgrade DYMO from the DYMO Label v.8
- Once installed, open the C:\Program Files (x86)\DYMO\DYMO Label Software\Framework folder
- Copy these files into the EIOBoard Kiosk install path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Savance\EIOBoard Kiosk
- Reboot the system
- Open the Kiosk PC Setting
- Select the Visitor Management tab
- Select the Label Printing tab
- Verify the printer is listed and all the fields are properly associated
- Save your new settings is the last step
This should allow you to print badges on the next visitor sign-in.
© 2020 | Savance