To restore an EIOBoard backup database, the first thing you want to do is to locate your database backup file (by default is SolutionSavant.bak) in the backup location that you specified during login. If you don’t know where this is, follow these instructions, “How to Find my Backup Location“.
- Stop IIS to prevent the database from being locked (Click Start, Run, type “cmd” and hit Enter, then type “iisreset /stop” at the command prompt).
- Install Microsoft SQL Management Studio Express from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=C243A5AE-4BD1-4E3D-94B8-5A0F62BF7796&displaylang=en and install it.
- Launch SQL Management Studio Express and Login to the server using COMPUTERNAME\EIOBOARD (replacing COMPUTERNAME with the actual computer name), then use Windows Authentication (which does not require you to enter a username or password and instead uses your Windows Login) or choose SQL authentication and specify the EIOBoard default of “sa” for the username and “EBwebs@vant” as the password.
- Then follow these directions to restore the database:
- If your backup is from an older version of EIOBoard, make sure to Upgrade your Database to the version of the server:
Manually Upgrade the Database
- Restart IIS (Click Start, Run, type “cmd” and hit Enter, then type “iisreset /start” at the command prompt)