Making Receptionist Comments is a handy little tool if a receptionist needs to make a comment on a user’s status to add details to the original comment or to add something entirely new. It is simple and very easy to use.
Making a Receptionist Comment
To create a Receptionist Comment, follow these instructions:
- Make sure that you are one of the Administrators, the Receptionists, or the Group Managers. Only someone from one of these groups can leave a Receptionist Comment for a user.
- Right click on a user.
- Click on Receptionist Comment.
- A window will pop up, allowing you to enter up to 100 characters for a Receptionist Comment.
- Enter in the desired comment and click ‘Save’.
- This comment will now show up after the original comment (in parentheses), as seen below.
Allow Users to Edit Their Own Receptionist Comment
Any user that is one of the Administrators, the Receptionists, and the Group Managers can edit the Receptionist comment at any time by repeating steps 2 through 5. The user himself cannot set or change his/her Receptionist Comment by default. If you would like to allow users to change their Receptionist Comment, follow these instructions (as an Administrator):
- In the EIOBoard Application or Outlook Add-in, click on ‘Administer’.
- Go to the Company Settings tab at the top.
- Click ‘Edit’ and make sure “Allow Receptionist Comment Changes” is checked. Then click ‘Save’.
- Users can now edit their own Receptionist Comments.
Show the Receptionist Comment Field in the Application/Add-In
If you would like, you can also make Receptionist Comments as its own field in the EIOBoard Application or Outlook Add-in. This will show the Receptionist Comment without the original comment. The original comment can still be shown as it’s own field as it was before, or a user can have only Receptionist Comments showing. To add the Receptionist Comment field, follow these instructions:
- Right click on any of the fields in the Application/Add-in.
- Click on Receptionist Comment to add it to the list of fields that are seen. You can also do this to remove the Comment field if you would like to only view the Receptionist Comment.
- Now you can see each user’s Receptionist Comment in your EIOBoard Application or Outlook Add-in.