This guide will go over how to run and customize reports in EIOBoard.
Getting to the Reports
To get to the reports, select the report button on the toolbar.
Once on the page, you can Search, Run, or Create New Reports
By default, the following reports are available:
Exporting the Report
On the Report toolbar, the export drop-down exports to either Excel or a PDF. When you export to a PDF, the page layout is portrait. There are no options to change the PDF print to use landscape. Reports that show many fields of data should be exported to Excel for any additional formatting and the opportunity to print in landscape.
Run vs Design Mode
The customizable reports have two modes. The Design Mode allows you to make changes that persist after you’ve run the report. Alternatively, Run Mode will enable you to make changes to this only in this instance of the report. When you intend to run the same report regularly, make all of your changes in design mode. Otherwise, you can create one-time reports based on an existing report and its dataset.
Create a Custom Report
To create a custom report, select “Create New Report,” and the following popup will appear:
Here you can choose which dataset or standard report to base your custom report off of. For most basic reporting on staff or visitors, the In-Out History Summary report is an excellent report to clone.
Edit a Report
Whether you’re in Run or Design Mode, once you are in the report screen you can customize the report
- Column Chooser: The Column Chooser highlighted as number one allows for the addition of columns to the report. To add a column, select the Column Chooser, and right-click the desired column, then select “Show Column.
- This column will now show up in the main row, highlighted as number three. Alternatively, you would drag the column name from the “Column Chooser” to a location on the report.
- To remove columns from the main row, right-click the column and select “Hide Column.” Alternatively, you would drag the column name to the Column Chooser has the same effect.
- To reorder columns on the main row (3), click and drag to the desired location.
- Group By Headers: The group by headers highlighted as number two allow you to select primary grouping options. In some cases, the report should group by the status name, location, or group
- Selected Fields: The result set will appear in the main row as highlighted as number three. The options to add these from the column chooser and reorder them by dragging and dropping the header. Any columns used in the group by headers will not be available in the result set.
- Filtering (4) can limit which users are shown in the report.
- Starting Date And End Date: These fields filter to results that lay within the bounds of the date updated field. The date updated field is the most recent event or status in this case.
- Sign-in time is not to be confused with the date updated field. You will see the sign-in time refer to the first time that someone had an “In”-type status for this date range selected
To set up Custom Filters to filter on any field, see our knowledgebase article here: