Make a Backup
When making any changes to the database, you will want to make a backup so that you do not have a chance of losing any data.
To make a backup of the database you have two options:
- Option 1 – Use SQL Management Studio
- Option 2 – Using EIOBoard Admin
- Open up EIOBoard Server Admin
- Go to the SQL Tasks tab
- Edit the Backup Database job
- Confirm where it is being backed up to (@BackupLocation) and change it as needed
- Click Cancel or Save if you made changes to go back on the SQL Tasks tab
- Right click on the Backup Database job and say process now
- Look in the bottom left corner to follow the status of the job until it is complete
- Navigate to the location specified in the job and confirm the date/time of the file to make sure it is now
Upgrade Database with Script
Now that there is a backup of the database, the upgrade process can begin.
- Get the upgrade script from
NOTE: You will have to change the 11.0.1 and 1101 to the correct version that you are upgrading to
- Open the file
- Select the database that you are upgrading
- Click Execute to run the script on the database
With the manual database upgrade, sometimes when multiple versions are skipped at once the prerequisites need to be put in, then the script needs to be ran a second time to get everything else in. If any error messages occur, run the database upgrade script again.
Check Version in Database
Finally, your database should be upgraded. The SQL Server Management Studio can be used to check that the database was successfully upgraded.
- Open SQL Server Management Studio
- Expand the EIOBoard database (SQL Server > Databases > NameOfDatabase)
- Expand the Tables category
- Find and right click dbo.Versions
- Select Open Table
- The version can be viewed in the columns provided
If you have any further questions, call or message EIOBoard support.