One of EIOBoard’s most unique administrative features is its scalability. EIOBoard has the ability to neatly organize thousands of users on a single status board, allowing any user to easily find other users in a specified department, physical location, organization, etc. If you have any number of users you would like to organize, below are some ways to scale your EIOBoard.
Groups, Locations, and Organizations are all very similar in that they scale and organize your EIOBoard. However, there are slightly different uses for each, and you can always be creative in how you utilize them! For more detailed differences between these three scalability types, please view the following knowledgebase article:
What is the difference between Groups, Locations, and Organizations?
- Organizations are a great way to separate much larger divisions of your EIOBoard. It could be for different organizations, but it could also be for different departments, locations, etc. if they are large in size. Please note that the use of multiple Organizations is only available to Customer-Hosted customers.
- Set or lock different settings for different EIOBoard Organizations
- Prevent users from seeing users in other Organizations by limiting their visibility if necessary.
- For more information on Organizations, visit the following site: How Can I Utilize EIOBoard Organizations?
- Locations typically sort users by some sort of location: city, building, floor, room, etc.
- Please note that users can only be associated with one Location at a time.
- Allow users to associate their status with a Location
- Conveniently search users based on their location by using the Search Pane.
- For more information on Locations, visit the following site: Security Groups and Locations
- Groups can sort users on a variety of different things: job title, division, department, or even location.
- Place users in multiple groups, if multiple groups apply.
- Easily filter through groups by clicking on one of the tabs above the status board.
- Users can create their own customized group by checking the checkbox next to a users name, adding this user to the My Friends group.
- For more information on Groups, visit the following site: Security Groups and Locations
- Filters can be utilized so that information irrelevant to certain users can be hidden.
- Hide specific groups or locations
- Limit the list of statuses to only those that apply
- Allow users to filter out other items that may not apply, such as specific resources, note options, customers, and more.
- The Search tool is one of the best ways that users can take advantage of how you choose to scale your EIOBoard.
- Apply a filter by selecting one from the Search Pane.
- Find users based on their status, location, name, extension number, etc.
- If your company has multiple Organizations, users choose which Organization to view so that only users in a specific Organization show up on the status board (Customer-Hosted only).
- For more information on Searching, visit the following site: Search Feature Page