At times a poorly defined path during installation can cause conflicts with saving management settings in the EIOBoard server. Whether this is the root of the problem or not, the methods below will allow you to enable AD Sync for your EIOBoard. This issue is known to be present when after pressing save, the save button is still clickable and when attempting to exit, you are prompted as seen in the image below:
Check the path that the EIOBoard server is taking.
- Open regedit from searching the start menu.
- Navigate to the EIOBoard server. In the example, it is under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Savance\EIOBoardServer
- Ensure that the path directs to the EIOBoard server. In the example, it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Savance\EIOBoard Server\
- If you had to make a change, restart the EIOBoard Server Admin and check to see if the AD Sync can be saved now.
If this did not work and the AD Sync is still not able to be saved, the following steps will help you to edit the registry and web.config file to ensure you can activate and use ADSync.
- Head back into the registry in the EIOBoard Server Service. The example location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Savance\EIOBoardServer\EIOBoard Server Service
- Add a new Dword 32 bit value named ADEnabled with a value of 1.
- Next head to the web.config file located in the EIOBoard server folder. By default it will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Savance\EIOBoard Server\EIOBoard.
- Edit this file with the changes you would like:
- If you want passwords through Active Directory, change the line reading:
<add key=”ValidatePasswordUsingActiveDirectory” value=”false” />
- Ensure that your server address is correct in the line reading:
<add key=”ActiveDirectoryServerAddress” value=”SERVER ADDRESS” />
- Ensure that your port is correct in the line reading:
<add key=”ActiveDirectoryPort” value=”PORT” />
- If you want password to be validated with SSL, change the line reading:
<add key=”ValidatePasswordUsingActiveDirectoryWithSSL” value=”false” />
- Ensure that the domain is correct in the line reading:
<add key=”ADDomain” value=”DOMAIN” />
If these steps have been taken and the problem persists, please contact support and note in your ticket that you have attempted these steps to no avail.