This knowledgebase article is in regards to browsing to your EIOBoard website and receiving the following message in the browser:
Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the “Refresh button in your web browser to retry your request.
Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.
This is most likely due to a permissions issue. To fix this, follow these instructions:
- Make sure that you are logged in as an administrator.
- Open a file explorer and go to your EIOBoard Server. By default, this is in C:\Program Files\Savance\EIOBoard Server.
- Right-click on the “EIOBoard” directory, and click on Properties.
- Go to the Security tab and click Advanced. This will bring up the Advanced Security Settings window.
- Make sure you are in the Permissions tab.
- Select the Admin you are using, and check the following two boxes:
- a. Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and all child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here.
- b. Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects.
- Click Apply.
- A Security message will pop to confirm what you have chosen. Click Yes. The new security information will not be set on the EIOBoard folder you chose.
- Click OK now to close the Advanced Security Settings window. Click OK again to close the EIOBoard Properties window.
- You should no longer receive the “Server Application Unavailable” message when browsing to your EIOBoard website. If you are still unable to connect to your server, please visit the following knowledgebase article for other possible reasons for this: