Your name may appear twice in the Savance Workplace user list because of a mismatch between the username you initially used during account registration and your Windows username. When signing up for your Savance Workplace account, you utilized your name with a username distinct from your Windows username. If you imported users from an Excel spreadsheet or conducted an AD Sync (for Customer-Hosted users only), your name was subsequently added again, this time with your Windows username, differing from the original Savance Workplace account username.
When users are imported into Savance Workplace, the system checks for an existing username rather than the contact name. Since the original username did not exist, the same name was added twice but with different usernames.
Resolving the Issue
- Log in with the username and password you used when originally signing up for the Savance Workplace account.
- Access the Administrator settings, which should open to the Users tab by default (if using the Desktop Application).
- Locate the user in the list whose username matches your Windows username.
- Check “EB Admin” in the Security Groups list on the right side of the Administrator settings.
For Customer-Hosted Users
- Additionally, check “EB Master Admin” in the Security Groups pane for your username.
- Log out of Savance Workplace from the account you initially signed up with.
- Log in with your Windows username. If you’re a Customer-Hosted user who imported users using the AD Sync tool, your password will likely be the same as your username.
- Now that you are logged in with your Windows username, which has been granted Administrator rights, access the Administrator settings again.
- Disable the account you originally signed up with that has the duplicate contact name.
Note: You cannot disable a user while logged in with that username, similar to how you cannot remove EB Admin rights for a user when logged in with that username.