In Savance Workplace, you can tie your Windows login to your Savance Workplace login and have it automatically log you into the Electronic In Out Board upon startup. This is called “Windows Authentication.” Let’s say your name is John Smith. And let’s say that when you log in to your Windows computer, you use the username “jsmith”. If your Savance Workplace username is also “jsmith”, then you can use Windows Authentication to log in to EIOBoard automatically after signing in to your Windows account. This is a very useful setting when signing into a computer that is used by multiple people.
However, this setting is only available to Customer-Hosted Savance Workplace users. If we opened this up to Cloud-Based customers, we could end up with a situation where two completely separate companies have users with the same username, and they would login to the wrong company’s account in Savance Workplace. If you are Cloud-Based and would like to view other options for automatic logging in, please see the following Knowledge Base article: Is Active Directory Integration Available in the EIOBoard-Hosted Version?
This article only applies to the EIOBoard App or Outlook Add-In. To enable Windows Authentication in the Browser Interface, see this Knowledge Base article: Windows Authentication in the Browser Interface
See this Knowledge Base article for setting up LDAP Active Directory on your EIOBoard server: What do I enter for the AD Sync settings during the customer-hosted server install?
Once you have it set up Server-side, users can then authenticate through Windows to sign in on the Application or Add-in:
- Make sure EIOBoard is running. Then click on ‘Setting’ in the EIOBoard Application or the EIOBoard Outlook Add-in.
- Alternatively, you can right-click on the EIOBoard icon in the System Tray and click Settings. The EIOBoard icon is a pencil (the color changes based on your current status).
- The EIOBoard Settings window will pop up. Make sure you’re in the “General” tab. In the “Login” section, make sure that “Automatically Login” is checked and “Use Windows Authentication” is checked.
- Now press ‘Test Auth’ to make sure you did everything correctly.
- If you are Cloud-hosted, the following error will come up. LDAP Active Directory is not available for Cloud-Hosted Customers, so you will have to set up Azure Active Directory instead:
- If your Windows username does not match your EIOBoard username, the following error will come up:
- Once you click ‘Ok’ in the EIOBoard Settings window, your EIOBoard will start to automatically log you in using your Windows username whenever you run EIOBoard.
Please note, the WebService application in IIS must have Anonymous Authentication and Windows Authentication enabled.