This article applies if you are receiving the following error when upgrading your EIOBoard database:
“Stored procedure ‘sys.sp_dbcmptlevel’ can only be executed at the ad hoc level.”
Note: Because you are editing the EIOBoard database, you must be very careful to not change any other settings or database tables that may impair EIOBoard’s functionality. If you would like EIOBoard’s support team to take care of this database work for you, feel free to purchase a Block of Support. EIOBoard’s support team can do all the necessary work for you over a web conference! For details, visit EIOBoard Training and Consulting.
Here are the steps needed to resolve this issue and to successfully upgrade your EIOBoard database.
- Open up SQL Management Studio.
- Browse to the EIOBoard database, right click the database, and select New Query.
- Run the following script. Be sure to change the text DBNAME to the name of your database (by default, the name is “SolutionSavant”).
Exec sp_dbcmptlevel @dbname = ‘DBNAME’, @new_cmptlevel = 90 ;
- Once you have run this script, wait for it to complete successfully.
- Run the EIOBoard Intranet Installer as usual. The EIOBoard upgrade should now run as normal.